|Initial release||March 17, 1999; 21 years ago (Word Viewer 97-2000)|
v11.8169.8172 SP3 (Word Viewer 2007) / September 27, 2007; 13 years ago
|Operating system||Windows 2000 SP4, Windows Server 2003 SP1, Windows Vista, Windows XP SP2, Windows 7|
|Available in||36 languages|
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Chinese (Hong Kong SAR), Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian (Bokmål), Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian
FreeOffice is a complete Office suite with a word processor, a spreadsheet application and a presentation program – all compatible with their counterparts in Microsoft Office. What's the catch? Simply download it for free and use it for as long as you want. Millions of people use it every day and enjoy this great free Office suite.
Microsoft Word Viewer is a discontinued freeware program for Microsoft Windows that can display and print Microsoft Word documents. Word Viewer allows text from a Word document to be copied into clipboard and pasted into a word processor. The last version made was compatible with Word 2007.
- Microsoft 365 includes premium Word, Excel, and PowerPoint apps, 1 TB cloud storage in OneDrive, advanced security, and more, all in one convenient subscription. With Microsoft 365, you get features as soon as they are released ensuring you’re always working with the latest. Create, edit, collaborate, and share documents using Word for Mac.
- Apple Mac OS X Character Viewer The easiest way is to just go to the top menu bar and from there choose Edit Special Characters (at the very bottom). That way you can access Character Viewer at least in a lot of programs, one of them being Safari.
- Free microsoft word mac download. Productivity downloads - Microsoft Word by Microsoft and many more programs are available for instant and free download. Viewer uses Mac OS X. Numbers, Keynote, Microsoft Word and Excel. Go Templates for MS Office Free.
- WPS Viewer is a simple and intuitive application to read WPS (Microsoft Works Word Processor Document -. WPS ( Microsoft Works Word Processor Document.
According to the license terms of the Microsoft Word Viewer, the software may be installed and used only to view and screen print documents created with Microsoft Office software. The software may not be used for any other purpose. Users may distribute the software only with a file created with Microsoft Office software to enable recipient to view and print the file.
In November 29, 2017, Microsoft had announced that Word Viewer would be retired on that month, no longer receive security updates nor be available to download, and recommended using Office Online, Word Mobile, and Office desktop apps for viewing and printing documents free of charge.Microsoft Office 2003 and newer versions are trialware and can also be used for viewing and printing during or after the trial period.
Microsoft Word Viewer supports:
- binary Word documents (.doc)
- Office Open XML documents (.docx, .docm)
- Rich Text Format (.rtf)
- Text files (.txt)
- HTML (.htm, .html) and MHTML (.mht, .mhtml)
- Word XML format (.xml)
- WordPerfect v5.x and v6.x files (.wpd)
- Microsoft Works documents (.wps)
For viewing Office Open XML documents, Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint File Formats must be installed.
Word For Mac Viewer Software
Word Viewer 97-2000 was released on 17 March 1999. It opens documents that are created with Word 97, Word 2000 and Word for Mac v4.x and later. It was available for Windows in 16-bit and 32-bit versions. It can display Word documents in Internet Explorer 3.x and later.
Word Viewer 2003 was released on 15 December 2004. It added support for Word 2002 and Word 2003.
Word Viewer 2007 was released on 26 September 2007. Combined with Office Compatibility Pack for Word, it supports Office Open XML document format found in Word 2007 and later.
Development of the product has stopped ever since. In the meantime, Microsoft has made other ways of reading Office documents available, either through Word Online as well as WordPad (a native component of Windows) in Windows 7 and later, which can create, view or edit Office Open XML documents (.docx) alongside Rich Text Format (.rtf) and text files (.txt).
No versions for any other operating system besides Windows were ever released.
- ^ ab'Word Viewer'. Download Center. Microsoft. 26 September 2007. Retrieved 31 March 2013.
- ^ ab'How to obtain the latest Word Viewer'. Support. Microsoft. 27 November 2012. Retrieved 31 March 2013.
- ^ ab'Description of the Microsoft Word Viewer 97-2000'. Support. Microsoft. 19 January 2007. Retrieved 31 March 2013.
- ^'LICENSE TERMS FOR MICROSOFT SOFTWARE - MICROSOFT OFFICE WORD VIEWER 2003'. Microsoft. Archived from the original on 2009-03-12. Retrieved 2016-12-23.
- ^'Word Viewer to be retired in November, 2017'. Office Updates. Retrieved 2017-01-20.
- ^'Microsoft Word Viewer'. Helper applications. The Institution of Engineering and Technology. 20 October 2011. Archived from the original on 7 September 2015. Retrieved 31 March 2013.
- ^'Windows 7: The Top 10 Hidden Features'. PC Magazine. Ziff Davis. 30 September 2010. Retrieved 3 April 2013.
- ^'Using WordPad'. Windows portal. Microsoft. Retrieved 3 April 2013.
The best free alternative to Microsoft Office.
For Windows, Mac and Linux.
SoftMaker FreeOffice is free to use at home and for business.
After using it, you will agree that it is the best free alternative to Microsoft Office.
FreeOffice is a complete Office suite with a word processor, a spreadsheet application and a presentation program – all compatible with their counterparts in Microsoft Office.
What's the catch? There is none. Simply download it for free and use it for as long as you want. Millions of people use it every day and enjoy this great free Office suite.
- Windows 7, 8, 10, Windows Server 2008 R2 or newer
- macOS 10.10 or higher
- Any PC-based Linux (32 or 64 bits)
Create, edit, view, print and annotate PDF files with FreePDF, the best free PDF editor for Windows.
Download FreePDF now for free.