Go to your Start menu (lower left Windows icon), type 'Microsoft Store', select the link to open the store. Once the store is open, select Search from the upper-right menu and enter 'Python'. Open 'Python 3.7' from the results under Apps. Py2app - Create standalone Mac OS X applications with Python ¶ py2app is a Python setuptools command which will allow you to make standalone application bundles and plugins from Python scripts. Py2app is similar in purpose and design to py2exe for Windows.
This add-on is available for Linux (64-bit and 32-bit), Windows (64-bit) and Mac. Make sure you install the appropriate one for your Splunk deployment.
Python for Scientific Computing (PSC) Add-on is a requirement for some of the applications in Splunkbase such as:
- Machine Learning Toolkit (MLTK Beta and Advisory apps as well)
- Splunk Security Essentials for Fraud Detection
- DGA App for Splunk
- Suricata app for splunk
Splunk’s users have also used PSC and/or MLTK in combination with other applications such as:
- Splunk Security Essentials
- App for AWS Billing
- Splunk ITSI Module for Application Performance Monitoring etc.
Please download and install the appropriate version here:
Linux 64-bit: https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/2882/
Linux 32-bit: https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/2884/
Windows 64-bit: https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/2883/
To install an app within Splunk Enterprise:
Python For Mac App Download
- Log into Splunk Enterprise.
- Next to the Apps menu, click the Manage Apps icon.
- Click Install app from file.
- In the Upload app dialog box, click Choose File.
- Locate the .tar.gz or .tar file you just downloaded, then click Open or Choose.
- Click Upload.