Download mathtype for mac os 10 for free. Education downloads - MathType by Design Science, Inc. And many more programs are available for instant and free download. MathType is a powerful and versatile Mac OS X application that enables you to edit a wide variety of mathematical equations, expressions and notations in order to prepare them for various word processors, web pages, desktop publishing apps, as well as.
- Learn More
- Latest Information
- Licences for Education
- Services and Support
MathType is a universal application that lets you create mathematical notation for word processing, web pages, desktop publishing, presentations, elearning, and for TeX, LaTeX, and MathML documents.
Here are just a few of MathType’s many features:
Works with many applications and websites:
- Apple iWork ’09: MathType lets you add equations to documents, presentations, and spreadsheets in Pages, Numbers, and Keynote.
- Microsoft Office 2008 and 2011: MathType lets you add equations to documents, presentations, and spreadsheets in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Many Other Applications and Websites: MathType also works with over 500 applications and websites, including:
- Yahoo Mail, Gmail, Hotmail, Mac Mail, Microsoft Outlook
- Mathematica, Maple
- InDesign, QuarkXpress
- Blackboard, Moodle, WebAssign
- Wikipedia, Wolfram Alpha
- Google Docs
- Many Ways to Work: MathType can add equations to virtually any application or website into which you can paste or drag a graphic in PDF, EPS, or GIF format or in LaTeX or MathML math languages. Check MathType’s Works With section for details on how MathType works with your favorite apps and websites.
More symbols, templates and fonts
- More Fonts: MathType has hundreds more symbols and templates than Equation Editor. Besides our exclusive Euclid™ math fonts, you can also make use of the 1000s of math symbols in fonts already on your computer, as well as math fonts you can download from the Internet.
- Find Symbols: MathType’s Insert Symbol dialog allows you to explore the available symbols and insert them with a click or keystroke.
Three ways to create equations
- Point-and-Click Editing with Automatic Formatting: Equations can be created quickly by choosing templates from MathType’s palettes and typing into their empty slots. MathType applies mathematical spacing rules automatically as you type.
- Type TeX or LaTeX: If you already know the TeX typesetting language, you can type it into the MathType window or directly into a Word document. TeX editing can be mixed with point-and-click editing so you get the best of both worlds. You can also paste in equations from existing TeX documents.
- Type TeX or LaTeX directly into a Microsoft Word document: With MathType’s unique TeX Toggle feature, you can type TeX directly into a Word document. When you are done, use the TeX Toggle command to turn it into a typeset equation. If you want to edit it later, use TeX Toggle again to turn it back into TeX to make your changes.
- Save Expressions in the Toolbar: Drag frequently used equations and expressions to the MathType toolbar so they can be inserted later with just a click or a keystroke.
- Keyboard Shortcuts: MathType has customisable keyboard shortcuts for virtually every symbol, template, and command.
Easier to use
Toolbar and Menu in Microsoft Word 2011: MathType adds a toolbar and menu to Microsoft Word 2011, allowing quick access to its features and powerful commands to do equation numbering, produce great-looking math web pages, and much more. MathType also works with Word 2008 but lacks the toolbar and menu support.
Colour: Colouring an equation can make it stand out. Use color to highlight part of an equation and focus your students’ attention on it. Show what changed in each step of a multi-step procedure.
The Next Steps
Ready to buy?
Need more advice?
Ask About MathType
Join a Webinar
Ready To Buy?
What do our Customers say about us?
I have always received excellent support with Bibliographic software from your team. Thanks a lot.AM, London, UK
Excellent tutor – very clear, very impartial, simply excellent.
“While skeptical at first, now having switched to Origin I know it will remain my graphing software of choice. Not only does it have an intuitive user interface, but it also has the power to quickly and efficiently complete all of my graphing needs. Origin is the best graphing software available. Period.”Mr. Kevin Clark, University of Illinois Urbana/Champaign
I have greatly appreciated your help, your restraint in response to some daft questions and your sheer professionalism.
Mathtype For Mac Os CatalinaPL, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Mathtype For Mac Os X 10.13
For the time being we are unable to offer the following product ranges although we are currently working hard to increase the number of products we can offer in the future. Please contact us to talk about alternative products that we may be able to offer you.