The first thing that you should do is to open your router’s configuration page. Keep in mind that all of. MAC Address and IP Address Go to the main menu on your Apple TV, and select “Settings” In the Settings Menu, select “About” The Apple TV’s MAC Address will be listed as either the Wireless ID or Ethernet ID(depending on the connection you are using).
Your IP address is sort of like your home address: without it, the mailman wouldn’t know where to deliver your packages. Well, without an IP address, the internet wouldn’t know where to send your packets of information either. It’s important to find your computer’s IP address if you want to make changes to your WiFi username and password, or your security preferences. Here’s how to find your computer’s IP address on a Mac.
If you want to know more about what an IP address is and what it does, check out our previous article here.
- Click on the WiFi menu button in your Mac’s menu bar.
- Then select Network Preferences. You can find the WiFi button in the top right-hand corner of your computer screen.
Note: You can also access your network preferences by clicking on the Apple icon located in the top left-hand corner of your screen. Then click on System Preferences and select the Network button.
- Next, select your network. Select the icon that is green in the left sidebar of the window.
- Then click on the Advanced button. This will allow you to access the network’s information page.
- Next, click the TCP/IP tab. This is the second tab from the left at the top of the window.
- Your computer’s IP address will be a series of numbers next to IPv4 Address. Your router’s IP address will also be listed next to Router.
How Do I Find My Ip Address For My Mac
Private Vs. Public IP Address
Mac Address And Ip Address
There are two kinds of IP addresses: public andprivate. While your modem has a public IP address (like a building’s address),your router’s IP address is private (sort of like an apartment number). This iswhy your router’s IP address might be the same as someone else’s.
Think of it this way, two people can live indifferent apartment buildings with different addresses, but they can both havethe same apartment number.
Now that you know how to find your computer’s IP address on a Mac, check out our article on how to change your WiFi password on a Mac or PC.