Last Updated: June 8th, 2017
File Transfer Protocol or FTP is used to transfer files to server from your computer. If you are a Mac OS X user then listed below are the best FTP clients for Mac OS X.
10 Top FTP Clients for Mac (Free and Paid) 1. Filezilla tops this list of best FTP Clients for Mac as it is by far the most popular FTP Client. Filezilla is free and open-source FTP Client which is available for all three major operating systems including Mac, Linux, and Windows.
- Transmit is an excellent FTP (file transfer protocol), SFTP, S3 (Amazon.com file hosting) and iDisk/WebDAV client that allows you to upload, download, and delete files over the internet. With the most Mac-like interface available, Transmit makes FTP as simple, fun, and easy as it can possibly be.
- Filezilla: Filezilla is a free open-source FTP client for Mac OS X, Linux, and Windows. It is easy to use, has a drag and drop support, enables you to edit files while transferring to the server. You can easily see the status of files, commands, and response which you get from the server. Flow: Flow is an award winning FTP client for Mac.
- FTP client for Mac with great variety of advanced functions Commander One is a perfect dual panel file manager that flawlessly combines an FTP client for Mac and an Amazon S3 browser and provides you with the built-in Mac Terminal emulator making it super easy for you to manage all the system processes.
- Commander One: dual-panel file manager and FTP client for Mac OS. SFTP and FTPS client for Mac. This FTP manager and SFTP client for macOS offers all convenient options that one may need to work with files on Mac — view, copy from server to server, delete, create, and more.
Some Of The Best FTP clients for Mac OS X Worth Trying
1. Filezilla: Filezilla is a free open-source FTP client for Mac OS X, Linux, and Windows. It is easy to use, has a drag and drop support, enables you to edit files while transferring to the server. You can easily see the status of files, commands, and response which you get from the server.
2. Flow: Flow is an award winning FTP client for Mac. The app comes with a built-in editor, can upload files to the remote server at an amazingly fast speed, edit and save files in the remote server using an inbuilt editor. It has got a unique feature “Quicklook” which lets you preview of your file which can be an image, HTML file, PDF without opening. The app requires OS X 10.6.6 or above and is priced at $4.99. It is highly recommended for those who opt for the best.
3. Cyberduck: Cyberduck has an easy to use interface. You can transfer files to the remote host and can connect to cloud storage such as Rackspace Cloud Files, Windows Azure, and Amazon S3. You can download and upload files easily by using drag and drop feature. Edit files fast and with ease using any external editor and import bookmarks from 3rd party applications.
The app is an expensive one priced at $23.99 and requires OS X 10.6.6 or higher.
4. Transmit: Transmit is priced at $34 and requires Mac OS X 10.5+ and transfers files at an amazingly fast rate. It has built-in Amazon S3 and WebDAV integration and also has an option to view the files in dual pane switcher. A new feature named as “Transmit Disk” you can mount your FTP and Amazon S3 servers on Mac.
5. Yummy FTP : Yummy FTP is another paid FTP client for Mac OS X which lets you transfer multiple files or schedule automatic backups or even perform website maintenance easily. It has useful features such as “Automatic failure recovery” in case you lose Internet connection while transferring files, FTP alias lets you drag and drop to an Alias icon in the Finder and then upload the files to the server and Growl support provides you new information without you leaving the application. DualBrowse feature tool allows synchronized browsing of local and remote folders simultaneously. Yummy FTP client is available at a price of $9.99 and requires Mac OS X 10.6.6 or higher.
Best Ftp Client For Mac Os
Which is your favorite FTP client for Mac OS X?