[KB7026] Deploy ESET Endpoint product for Mac to replace SCEP for Mac
- We recommend migrating to an ESET endpoint product for Mac as soon as possible, due to the following reasons:
- System Center Endpoint Protection (SCEP) will not be supported after December 31, 2018, and will not receive updates after March 2019.
- SCEP for Mac does not support macOS 10.14 (Mojave). ESET endpoint products 6.6 and later support macOS 10.14 (Mojave).
- Apple has announced that it will no longer support 32-bit applications in macOS. SCEP for Mac is not a native 64-bit application. ESET Endpoint Antivirus and ESET Endpoint Security 6.6 and later are 64-bit applications.
- SCEP for Mac uses ESET NOD32 Antivirus Business Edition (v4) technology. ESET endpoint products offer the most current protection technologies ESET provides.
- Create an ESET Endpoint for Mac product installation package to deploy to your endpoint computers and replace the existing System Center Endpoint Protection using a third-party deployment tool (such as System Center Configuration Manager).
- We recommend that you do not uninstall System Center Endpoint Protection before installing your ESET Endpoint for Mac product. The ESET Endpoint for Mac product will use the settings already in place from your System Center Endpoint Protection.
- For additional information about ESET Endpoint Security for macOS, visit our Online Help documentation.
- For additional information about ESET Endpoint Antivirus for macOS, visit our Online Help documentation.
Download our free Windows 10 antivirus software and experience the protection relied on by over 100 millions users worldwide. ESET Cyber Security Pro. All-in-one internet security for your Mac, including personal firewall and parental control.
- Advanced cyber security for Mac ESET CYBER SECURITY PRO Effective all-in-one internet security including personal firewall and parental control. Secures Mac, Windows, Android and Linux devices. Get free, U.S.-based tech support for your ESET home or business products. US; ESET Cyber Security Pro $ 49.
- Fast and powerful antivirus for your Mac ESET CYBER SECURITY Essential protection for your Mac against malware and phishing. Get a free business trial Get a free business trial. I have a home license I have a home license. I have a business license I have a business license. Tools and utilities Tools and utilities.
- ESET Cybersecurity for Mac is designed to be smart and clean, just like your Mac. Powered by our advanced ThreatSense® antivirus scanning engine, ESET Cybersecurity for Mac features proactive protection, an intuitive user interface, complimentary training and solutions that run.
- Download ESET Endpoint Security for Mac or ESET Endpoint Antivirus for Mac. Select your language and click Download to download the installation file below:
- Download the ESET add_token tool to attach the ESET license to the installer package. Save the add_token tool in the same directory as the ESET Endpoint for Mac product installation file.
- Make the add_token tool executable by running the
chmod +x .add_tokencommand in the terminal.
- In the terminal, run the command:
./add_token ees_osx_en_0.pkg '1111-1111-1111-1111-1111'Run the command in the directory where you saved the installation file and the add_token file. Replace 1111-1111-1111-1111-1111 with your ESET License Key. Replace ees_osx_en_0.pkg with your installation file name.
- Your license is now attached to your ESET endpoint for Mac product installation file. The ESET endpoint for Mac deployment package is ready to deploy your ESET endpoint for Mac product to the computers in your network to replace System Center Endpoint Protection.
Eset For Mac Free Trial
- For instructions to deploy your ESET endpoint product for MacOS using SCCM, visit this Microsoft TechNet article.
- For illustrated instructions to perform a clean installation of ESET Endpoint Security for Mac, visit our Knowledgebase article.
- Deploy ESET business products to your computers using ESET Security Management Center. For more information about ESET Security Management Center, visit our documentation.
ESET Security Management Center (ESMC)
Your ESET Endpoint Security/Antivirus for macOS license also entitles you to use ESET Security Management Center (ESMC), a remote management console by ESET. For more information about ESMC visit our web page. ESMC is also available as a virtual appliance on Linux, so you do not have to set it up on your own server.
- For more information about ESET Endpoint Security for macOS, visit our documentation.
Enjoy the internet, protected by award-winning security
Protecting your personal data in
Feel the full power of your home computer
Use stable settings or try all the tools of the program
invented specially for Mac OS X, and therefore
it is familiar and convenient for Mac users. During installation, you can whether use the default security settings or configure them individually.
Eset For Mac Os
Is Antivirus for Mac Book a Must?
Time of operations
Two basic functions every antivirus does are constant scanning and scanning on the user’sdemand. The first protective function is to continuously scan the computer systems (orother device on where the protection is installed) for malware. The realization of thisfunction should be invisible, not slowing down the operation speed of the device. Thesecond protective function is aimed to identify threats at the user's request. Here weshould pay attention to the time it takes to complete a full scan, since some antivirusprograms require several hours to complete it. If there was a risk of infection, a longwait can drive any user crazy.
Some antivirus software for Mac offer extra coverage against ransomware – a new branchof hackers’ attacks. A ransomware virus gets inside personal data boxes blocking users’files and demanding payments for unlocking. It encodes photographs, documents, etc. andasks for payments to decode your data.Another interesting function is encoding data when using unsafe Wi-Fi connections. Youmight have noticed that some networks are marked as not safe, e.g. Wi-Fi provided by arestaurant. This is where you may need extra defending coverage.The list of additional functions is definitely longer, it can include parental control,various managers, etc. One should read the description and decide whether thosefunctions are necessary. Apparently, the basis of antivirus solutions is alike in everyvendor, so if there is no need of extras, why pay more?
What people say about us
Eset Free Online Scanner For Mac
- Operating Systems: macOS 10.13 (High Sierra), macOS 10.12.x(Sierra), OS X 10.11.x (El Capitan), OS X 10.10.x (Yosemite), OS X 10.9.x(Mavericks), OS X 10.8.x (Mountain Lion), OS X 10.7.x (Lion), OS X 10.6.x(Snow Leopard)
- Processor Architecture: 32bit x86 or 64bit x64, Intel®
- Memory Consumption: 300 MB
- Disk-Space (Installation): 150 MB