I've just had my first play with some Dahua cameras and DVR. When exporting video clips, they are exported in a proprietary Dahua.DAV movie format. VLC Player recognises it is some kind of H.264 movie and correctly reports it's resolution, but cannot play the file. Fortunately the Dahua DVR a. Dahua Smart Player for MAC. Dahua Smart PSS. Download Dahua Smart PSS MAC. Download Images. 8GB USB memory stick CO-094. Jul 04, 2017 After some digging around, I’ve found a good and free player of Dahua.DAV files for Mac OS X. It’s called UFUSoft Blu ray Media Player for Mac, which is great blu ray player for mac and video player for mac program, can help you play blu ray disc, blu ray folder, blu ray iso and all video format inlcuding dav, mxf, avchd, xavc, hevc, mp4.
- 1How To Use SmartPlayer in Dahua Toolbox
- 2How to Use Smart Player on Dahua Toolbox
How To Use SmartPlayer in Dahua Toolbox
This article will show you how to install and use the SmartPlayer software found in Dahua Toolbox
Best Video Player For Mac
- Exported video file - DAV, AVI, MOV, MP4, ASF or FLV file format
Step by Step Instructions
1. Open Dahua Toolbox. Under All Tools, find SmartPlayer in the list, then click the Install button to begin installation.
2. A progress bar will appear showing the installation process.
3. Once installation is complete, click Open
4. SmartPlayer will launch.
5. Click Open File in the center of the screen to locate the file for playback
6. Use the file dialogue window that appears to locate the file for playback.
By default it will look for .dav files, use the dropdown box to change the file type to other options such as AVI, MOV, MP4, ASF and FLV
7. Click Open once the file has been selected to begin playback
8. Use the controls below the video pane to control playback
There are options for forward and reverse playback, playback speed, and to enable audio
9. Double click the video to bring full screen or choose from one of the layouts in the bottom right of the screen
How to Use Smart Player on Dahua Toolbox
This is a guide for the Smart Player on Dahua toolbox.
- DAV or ASF file
- Dahua Toolbox
Step by Step Instructions
1. Go to the toolbox and install the SmartPlayer.
2. After installation, launch the program.
3. Go into your Smart Player and click on open.
4. Search through your files and select the backup you want to playback.
5. Since I only selected one, only one is showing up, double click on the video to enlarge.
6. You may play/pause by pressing the play button and skip a frame back and forth and etc.
SmartPlayer Guide Old User Interface
Dahua Player For Macbook Air
I've just had my first play with some Dahua cameras and DVR. When exporting video clips, they are exported in a proprietary Dahua .DAV movie format. VLC Player recognises it is some kind of H.264 movie and correctly reports it's resolution, but cannot play the file. Fortunately the Dahua DVR also exports a copy of their player software for Windows.
After some digging around, I've found a good and free player of Dahua .DAV files for Mac OS X. It's called Mac Smart Player. There are a number of sites which host this software but you have to pay to download it. However it is publicly available as a free download from Security Camera King.
Dahua Player For Mac
What I'd love to know is, who wrote this software and what is the original and official source of this software for any future updates? I can find no hint of the source of this software in the application itself.